View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 09:14 AM
tender looks
Fan Forum Star

OK. Some of the wonderful answers here have prompted me to attempt one of my own, so here goes.

I have chosen Cordy & Angel (AtS)

During their time together on BtVS, this seemed a very unlikely pairing. Cordy just lusted after Angel, and Angel himself was blinded by his feelings for the Slayer. But by pure chance they ended up meeting once again in Los Angeles. Cordy had fled there to pursue her unrealistic dreams of becoming an actress and was living in squalor. Angel was there simply to put space between him and his forbidden love. Two people there for very different reasons and yet they ended up connecting. Cordy garnered herself a job in Angels detective agency and quickly became a part of his life. They were brought closer together by the death of their half human friend Doyle and found support in each other. At the end of that season Cordy was stricken down by a slew of visions and was hospitalised as a result. It was at this point that Angel truly realised how much he needed and depended on her. During the next season Angel went through a dark spell, firing Cordy and the rest of his crew, but only to protect them. Upon having an epiphany he realised his error and tried to reconnect with his group, going especially out of his way to win back Cordys trust, proving how much he valued her above all others. Shortly after this Angel learned of the death of his ex-love Buffy and retreated to a Himalayan monastery to make sense of things in his head. Not long after his return, it became clear his sisterly feelings towards his Seer were growing in to something more.
Actions such as setting free the half demon Billy simply to save Cordy and trusting the care of his baby son Conner to her were proving his changing feelings. Then one evening at the ballet, the two were possesed by unrequited lovers and were overcome with passion for each other. It seemed this would be the catalyst for them to confess their feelings but they were thwarted by the arrival of Cordelias ex from Pylea and Angel spent the rest of the season fighting his jealousy towards the other warrior. Angel was finally encouraged by the empathic demon Lorne to tell his Seer how he felt and Cordy herself seemed ready to requite those feelings, having been forced to face up to them by her departed boyfriend. But their plans were torn apart when Angel was dropped in to the ocean by Connor and Cordy was transported to another relaity to become a Higher being.
During the course of the next season Angel went through agony, thinking he'd gotten Cordy back, only to discover she was being inhabited by an evil being named Jasmine. Jasmiine was eventally destroyed but Cordelia was left in a coma as a result. Angel was offered control of the demonic law firm Wolfram and Heart, and although it went against everything he stood for, he accepted the offer. And so began a new era in Angels unlife. But his Seer and love was never far from his mind.
Midway through this season, Angel recieved a call telling him Cordy had awakened from her coma and it was with mutual joy that they found themselves back in each others arms. Cordy got through to Angel as only she could and helped him refocus on the mission that he had been thinking of giving up. They finally shared a passionate kiss, a clinch that was evidence of both their feelings for one another. But then the hone rang and Cordy left, telling Angel she had no coice, she had to leave. She departed with the words "i'll be seeing you" as Angel answered the telephone, to be told that she was dead, she had never truly woken up. He could only stare, heartbroken and with tears in his eyes, at the spot where she had stood ony moments earlier. Once more they had been given a chance, only to have been torn apart again.
Angel finally met with his final battle at the end of this season. It was never explained if her survived this battle or was killed in it. But one can only hope that, if he died, he transcended to heaven and was reunited with the spirit of his beloved Cordelia, this time for good. Thus making her final words of "i'll be seeing you" come true.

As my answer proves this pair have been through so much, been given so many chances only to have them torn away again. So that is why chose them as my "one" couple. No one deserves it more.