View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Mandy
Master Fan

Quote:
Mandy I know this is a dumb question but I take it season 4's music will be changed as well?
Yeah, it will be. They've also given us Jann Arden's "Run Like Mad" again, like they did for the Season 3 set.

I posted this over at another message board, but I figured I'd bring it over here since it still conveys my feelings on this:

I must say that I'm really pleased with what is listed then I thought I would. Yes, I'm really sad about the loss of "Both Sides Now", but then again, I really knew we weren't going to get that one, mostly for the fact that when you come across songs from big, classic artists, the money factor is going to play a huge part. With that being said, I'm glad that they were able to get Mary Beth Maizarz to play so many songs as replacements. I love her voice, and she's a HUGE staple in the DC music for this particular season and onward.

I think with the Tara McClean song, "Settling" and "Dry Land", she's what I believe a defunct artist now, and I can only imagine that her old record label would have been milking it all that they could when approached to use those songs. I'm sure they're well aware that this season was a HUGE turning point for the show, and those songs were beloved by P/Jo fans, not to mention increased the sales of her CD once those songs were broadcasted. Gotta love the money hungry labels.

I think the one song that I'm most bummed about is, "In Your Keeping". However, I see that it was replaced with an Annie Palmer song. She gave us, "My Friend" for "Clean and Sober", which I TOTALLY love. I can only hope this song will do some justice. (As a side note, I'm really sad to see, "Fiction" being replaced. I just adored that song as the opening montage for "Show Me Love", and think it was very fitting. I immediately had to download it when it became available)

Over all, I'm looking forward to hearing the new song choices. The artists listed (and from what I've heard on their official sites), sound very promising. It's a bit comforting to see that the artists used weren't as random, and the songs might actually compliment the scenes as well and give us a different view to the scenes had they used different music back in 1999-2000.