View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 04:46 PM
*Lethe's Bramble*
Elite Fan

BREAKING NEWS: Joss Whedon Drops Wonder Woman!

Quote:
Though we probably should have seen this coming from a mile away -- what with the major delays in casting and the fact that Warner Bros. just bought another Wonder Woman script -- but Joss Whedon has officially stepped off the Wonder Woman project. In a statement released to Whedonesque.com, Whedon says, "I don't think any of us expected it to this time, but it did. Everybody knows how long I was taking, what a struggle that script was, and though I felt good about what I was coming up with, it was never gonna be a simple slam-dunk."

Gee, ya think? I think it's pretty safe to say that no one really wanted a Wonder Woman flick in the first place -- I mean, how could we ever take her and that lasso seriously? Probably the best part of Whedon's entire statement is when he finally puts all those Wonder Woman casting rumors to rest by saying, "But most importantly, I never have to answer THAT question again!!!! And you don't have to link to every rumor site! Finally and forever: I never had an actress picked out, or even a consistent front-runner. I didn't have time to waste on casting when I was so busy air-balling on the script." Ha! So, in the end, the joke was on this.

There were no front-runners, there were no secret casting sessions ... there was nothing. There was just some dude trying to finish a script ... and trying to finish a script ... and trying to finish a script ... and, well, it's about damn time. So, now that Joss is off, is Warners going with this different WW script set during WWII? Will there even be a Wonder Woman movie? And, if there is, who would you pick as an adequate replacement?

Personally, I vote for the garbage can.
Source

Well I'm not surprised. It took him like forever to finish it and make up his mind about it.