View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Indian Summer
Total Fan

I agree their wedding day was ruined, but I don't think you can blame that entirely on Rachel. Not only that, but that was a while ago. If Haley was going to react to that and slap Rachel, it's way too late for that, just like it is for her to go bringing up what happened with Nathan waaaay earlier in the season.

The issue was never the ceremony but the reception. The girl was clearly upset, and clearly drinking too much. I'm not saying it's actually Haley's fault for not kicking her out, but just pointing out that there were many things that could've affected the outcome of that day and actions all involved parties could've taken to prevent it.

I'm also not saying you should actually blame Nathan for almost dying. The point is, you can't blame someone because another person has a heart and a conscience, and risks their lives to save the lives of others. That's a personal decision, and one that comes at great sacrifice. Nathan knew before jumping into that water that it was dangerous, and in that split second, he weighed the risks with the outcome and decided it was worth it. It's greatly taking away from Nathan's courage and strength of character to try to write off him risking his life for another's as a screwup on someone else's part.

Once again, I'm not condemning Haley. I'm disappointed in her actions, sure, but condemning her over one action is sort of harsh. I'm just pointing out that it's never justified, regardless of whether or not it's "understandable." An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind, after all.

Wenn man füreinander bestimmt ist, kann die Welt untergehen – aber man ist wenigstens zu zweit. Lieber gemeinsam ertrinken, als alleine verbrennen.