View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 06:51 AM
theirishgirl
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
I've never seen Salma in much else...have you?
You have got to see her in Frida as the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. She's so amazing in it. Blew me away.

I love that she really puts her heart into work that she believes in. With Frida much like with UG it was a project she wanted to do for ages (it took her eight years to get Frida moving!) but no one was interested so she took it to Harvey Weinstein personally, campaigned, got Miramax to back it, co-produced the film and starred in it herself. Everyone loved it and she ended up with an Oscar nomination.

Also worth checking her out in Dogma, Desperado and Once Upon a Time In Mexico (she also sings an amazing Spanish track on the soundtrack-she can really sing-it's called Siente Mi Amor.

I love her as Sofia..pure Salma lol. And don't get me started on her in the telenovela
I’m actually looking in the mirror right now and I know that in 10 years, I won’t look like this. I’ll look 31, not 21. It’s our spirit that people will remember us for as time goes on and we grow older.-Nikki Blonsky