View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 PM
EARLBNY
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer 4 Ever (View Post)
I have been googling it all day trying to find out where but came out empty hopefully more updates will come soon
I have been doing the same thing but also came up empty. However I did run across this site that had an old Q&A Shiri did years ago. This Q&A is like a trip down Roswell memory lane. Shiri Appleby: ZoomInfo Business People Information

Shiri Appleby on AOL Live! Antarians.com: Actors > Interviews > Shiri Appleby
Shiri Appleby on AOL Live!
Shiri chatted and answered member questions about the show, Liz, Max and the rest of the cast. See what she had to say below!

TV Guide Online: Tonight we are chatting live with Shiri Appleby from 'Roswell.' Welcome, Shiri! Thanks for joining us.

Shiri Appleby: Hello! How are you?

Question: How did you feel about the premiere of 'Roswell'?

Shiri Appleby: I really liked the episode, and I think it went over pretty well.

Question: Do you like the new direction that 'Roswell' is going in?

Shiri Appleby: I like the show.
Shiri Appleby: She truly believes that Max is her soulmate.

Question: What are the differences between UPN and The WB? What do you like better or worse?

Shiri Appleby: I'm really happy to be on the UPN.
Shiri Appleby: Well, yes, the fans took out an ad. I was incredibly touched and shocked. It made me feel very wonderful and appreciated. But no, The WB did not give me a gift.

Question: Shiri, you are an amazing actress, and I just wanted to know what your favorite episode was and which season you thought was the best.

Shiri Appleby: The pilot was my favorite episode.
Shiri Appleby: I made that movie a year ago from this summer. I loved playing the part of Sam, because she was so different from the Liz Parker character.
Shiri Appleby: I read.
Shiri Appleby: Well, she's finally becoming the rebellious teenager. And I think she's becoming much more comfortable with herself, now that she and Max are together.

Question: Favorite snack food?

Shiri Appleby: Mint chocolate chip ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Not exactly a snack food, but ...

Question: Shiri, can you give us any hints about whether [any] characters will be leaving the show, like regulars Alex and Tess last year?

Shiri Appleby: No. No one's planning on leaving, as far as I know.

Question: Are you still studying anything at USC? Will you be going back in the future?

Shiri Appleby: I'm on a leave of absence right now, but I plan to continue my education.

Question: How far into the filming of this season are you?

Shiri Appleby: We're at, I think, Episode 7.

Question: Hi, Shiri, love the show! If you weren't involved in acting, what career would you choose?

Shiri Appleby: I would love to go back to school and get a degree in either English, psychology or law. I don't think there's any plan, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Question: I have been to Covina over the summer -- do you guys still film there? I know you took the crash-down sign, but do you still film around the town?

Shiri Appleby: Yes.

Question: Do you have an official Web site? If not, are you in the process of making one?

Shiri Appleby: I don't have one, and I'm not in the process of making one. But it's not a bad idea.

Question: Hope you are having a great day. I was just wondering, who are some people you looked up to in your career or life in general?

Shiri Appleby: Well, I always admired Lucille Ball for being a strong woman and really taking charge and making the entertainment world more accessible to women.
Shiri Appleby: Not that I know of.

Question: Can you give us a hint about tonight's show?

Shiri Appleby: Tonight's show is about Michael making new friends, and Liz and Max going on an adventure.

Question: What's next for you, careerwise?

Shiri Appleby: I made a movie this summer called 'Swim Fan '85' that should be coming out soon.
Shiri Appleby: I would like for all of them to go back to the alien world and check it out, see exactly what was happening up there, so that they could relax here on Earth.

Question: What actor or actress would you really like to work with in the future?

Shiri Appleby: John Cusack.
Shiri Appleby: I don't think there are any plans for that right now.

Question: What is your favorite part of acting?

Shiri Appleby: The challenge to keep it interesting.

Question: Will there be any more danger, as in FBI agents, for the characters to be looking out for?

Shiri Appleby: We come across some more bad aliens.

Question: Will we ever see the aliens in their natural form?

Shiri Appleby: I don't know. I think that this is their natural form, but I'm not sure.

Question: What kind of music do you like?

Shiri Appleby: Right now I'm listening to Pete Yorn and Dashboard Confessional and Ben Harper and Incubus!
Shiri Appleby: That if they're going to be getting into it, they should be doing it for themselves. They need to accept that when they go to auditions, that they aren't being rejected for being them; the people are just looking for something else. And you have to believe in yourself, because if you don't, no one else will.

Question: Do you ever want to do other things in the entertainment biz like direct, write or produce?

Shiri Appleby: I would love to produce. I would love to do all three.

Question: Shiri, do you think of your self as a role model? And if so, do you feel pressured about it?

Shiri Appleby: I don't feel that I'm a role model, but I do know that in some way I'm in the public eye. So I just try to make smart choices, but I don't put any more pressure on myself than if I were in any other job.

Question: How do you manage to keep yourself grounded when everyone seems to want a piece of you or some of your time?

Shiri Appleby: Well, it's not hard to decide who wants to hang out with you for what reason. It's very easy to see through any facade. I have a really good group of people around me that I trust.

TV Guide Online: Thanks, Shiri! Looking forward to tonight's ep! Please come back and talk with us again soon.

Shiri Appleby: Thanks for talking with me today.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels