View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 01:28 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX
The one in "There's a reaction" is very significant, for sure. He totally changed Andy's mind in there.
He really did because Andy seemed determined to tell Ephram before hearing Harold's words. Andy pretty much had his mind made up he was telling Ephram but then he completely did a 180 and switched gears going with the decision not to tell him after listening to what Harold had to say. Harold really did directly impact Andy's decision.

Quote:
I think he was trying to make Andy remember why he hide the truth from Ephram in the first place. To protect him from getting hurt.
He wanted to let Ephram grow without dealing with this. What Harold says is a total parallel to the speech Andy gave to Madison.
Yep, great catch, it was a parallel to Andy's speech he gave Madison which obviously means Berlanti and Rina wanted to hit home Andy's reasoning in a clear cut way.

Quote:
But I adore Harold's performance in this one, Like, in some way, his love for his daughter is just more important that the right thing to do.
I love he's talking about their love and how it's remarkable that they could be happy after everything that happened. Beautiful speech.
God it really was. What I love so much about his speech and how beautifully he supported EA was that initially he was cautious about Ephram whenever he first met him, especially given that he was liberal Andy Browns son. LOL It was just remarkable that not only did Harold accept Ephram but he fully supported EA and understood that they were the real deal. He was totally reminded of this around the time that he went to see Ephram whenever trying to get Amy to consider Princeton. I just love how Harold knew EA were meant to be together and that their love was real. That was awesome.

Quote:
The one in Episode 20 is also fantastic. I think this is my favourite episode ever regarding a medical storyline. I think it was extremmely well written and heartbreaking. And this speech was beautiful because Harold let his "flaw" or weakness out in the open. Just beautiful.
What an incredibly tough situation Harold was in. The dramatics were overflowing and seeing Harold's struggle throughout was something else. Tom acted the hell out of every scene, he just blew me away. Such great stuff.

Quote:
One of my favourite speech is the one at Irv's funeral in Goodbye Love.
Great one. I love this speech so much. Harold doing the speech made it that much more precious given how initially he had reservations over his mother moving on with Irv so quickly after his fathers death and yet not only did Harold accept Irv but he truly liked him. That was so great to see.

Quote:
I don't know why this speech, maybe it's because this episode was amazing and we knew the show was ending but it kinda broke my heart. I think it's extremmely well written and beautiful and only Tom Amamdes could pull this off without sounding lame or cheesy.
You said it, Alex. He pulled it off perfectly. To see how profound his words were on those listening to him was something else. They were all hanging on his every word and some were moved to tears. Such brilliant stuff. Loved this speech, loved this moment, loved this episode.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-10-2006 at 01:36 AM