View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 09:43 AM
downinnewyork
Loyal Fan

I agree, last night's episode was ALL OVER the George/Izzie. My take on the big fight -- it was absolutely awful of George to do that to her, but in defense of his actions, Izzie had inadvertantly convinced his parents to want Burke to operate. Bringing up Denny was a desperate knee-jerk attempt to discredit what Izzie had said in the eyes of his parents--ie, Izzie says Burke's the best, but Izzie's on probation because she did this horrible, undoctorly thing for which she's been labelled incompetent. It was OBVIOUS that he felt awful for it for the remainder of the episode, especially when he's sitting in the stairwell alone. (Compare to last ep -- George is sitting with Izzie, then Meredith joins them.)

When George's mom says, "so, nothing sexual?" and Izzie replies "no", what was everyone's interpretations? Was it a "I would NEVER think of George that way" no, or a "You think George and I what?" no, or a "I've got a dead fiancee, kthnxbie" no?

The last scene was very touching. Izzie was obviously very, very hurt by what George said, but I love that there is not much they can't forgive each other for. The trust and understanding that demonstrates makes me amazed more people don't ship them as a couple. Maybe George and Izzie are going to be the anti-Meredith and Derek -- sex could come last for them. I don't know. Just a thought. I've always felt everything that happens with them is a part of a bigger story we have yet to be made aware of.