View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 06:48 AM
parasite33
Master Fan

Ok, I know the season is over, but we can't let this thread die!

Quote:
GP2 champion Lewis Hamilton has been confirmed as Fernando Alonso's team-mate at McLaren for 2007.

The announcement ends months of speculation concerning the identity of the team's second driver and means the 21-year-old Briton will make his Formula 1 debut in Melbourne in March.

Hamilton said: "It's a dream come true.

""To be racing in Formula 1 with McLaren has been the ultimate goal for me since I was very young and this opportunity is a fantastic way to end what has been the best year for me.

"I have grown up with McLaren and Mercedes and wouldn't be where I am today without their continued support and guidance.

"However I'm aware that this will be a challenge and I know that there will be a lot of attention on me.

"However the team has told me just to relax, do the best I can and enjoy the opportunity.

"I will work hard to get good results."

Pedro de la Rosa and Gary Paffett have also been confirmed as test drivers for next year.
I guess it's not a big surprise, this move was expected. I'm really happy for Lewis it's good to see new talents on the grid who can challenge Fernando, Kimi, Felipe in the future.