View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 08:46 AM
RoxyBlueGirl7
Elite Fan

Quote:
Luke also does NOT so nonchalently accept sticky buns. No way. He'd think at least a few seconds before eating junk food. He does not LIKE junk food.
The point was that he was so desperate for any food that wasn't soy that he'd eat anything "real". I don't think he cared whether or not it was junk in this one case because he hated the vegan food so much.

Quote:
That Rory would go out of her way NOT to know the staff doesnt speak well of her and makes me wonder how she ever became editor.
Some editors might go out of their way to get to know their staff, but I don't think all of them do. Doyle didn't, and he was fine as an editor. I don't think Rory not hanging out with her staff outside of the paper says anything about her as an editor. All it says is that maybe she (and the others) have other things to do and maybe don't have a lot in common.

Rory is on friendly terms with them though. She gets along with everyone, and they all like and respect her. I don't think she needs to go out for drinks or dinner with them or hang out with them to better run the paper.

Quote:
I liked the scene of Chris feeling regretful over the time he never had with Rory. Lorelai was right that there is nothing you can do about it now and you just need to move on and do the best you can. Probably a few people will criticize her for minimizing it but what can she say except to encourage him to do better? He knows what happened and he regrets it. And in the end alls well that ends well.
I agree. I don't really get what others wanted Lorelai to say. "You're right. You were a crappy father for missing out on the last 22 years." That wouldn't have been productive of her to tell Chris. What can any of them do about the past? He obviously knows missing out was wrong, and the only thing he can do is move on and try to improve.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote