View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 01:41 PM
~*Dancer in the Dark*~
Loyal Fan

Hi everyone, I'm Cait. well i thought i should post here considering that Donnie Darko is one of my favourite movies
I've gotta be honest that when I first saw the movie I didn't fully understand, I still loved it but i came out the cinema thinking what the...?
But when I got the dvd and listen to the director's commentary I got a different perspective on the film. One of the things that I love the most about this movie is the ensemble cast: this was prob. one of the first movies I saw Jake Gyllenhaal in (i dont have a clue how to spell his last name) but after Donnie darko i was obsessed with him. he wasn't like the usual actors i liked.. he's not really one of those posterboy actors cause he can actually "act". I loved Jena Malone in this movie, her and jake have great chemistry. and Beth Grant was great... besides the fact that she was playing annoying Kitty. she did have some hilarious lines to say in the movie. Drew Barrymore and Mary Mcdonnell were also one of my favourites.
I heard about the director's cut. hopefully it's coming out here in Australia. does anyone know if it will be re-released on dvd? cause that will be annoying if it does, seeing as i've already bought the first one.
and does anyone know if Richard Kelly (i think thats his name) is making anymore movies right now?

pixiedude: thanks for those websites.. i think i might check them out!

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
~*Dancer in the Dark*~ is offline   Reply With Quote