View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Kelly_mv
Elite Fan

Episode 1.02 'Don't Look Back' recap (Milo Scenes)

Peter is falling from the building again, as in the previous episode. Suddenly, he wakes up in a hospital bed. Nathan is standing next to him. Peter is confused about where he is and what happened. Nathan tells him he jumped.

Peter- "Jumped?"
Nathan- "Yeah. Off the roof of a fifteen-story building. You tried to kill yourself."
Peter is confused at what he is hearing.

Nathan- "You were a little wound up yesterday. But I thought you were just being you."
Peter starts to chuckle at all this.

Peter- "What are you talking about? I didn't... I didn't try to kill myself. You were in the alley below. I jumped, and... then you..."
Peter looks up at him.

Peter- "You flew."
Nathan starts to laugh, then realizes Peter is serious.

Nathan- "I what?"
Peter- "You flew up and you caught me."
Nathan- "You jumped... Peter."
Peter shakes his head with certainty.

Nathan- "twenty-five feet to a fire escape. I climbed up and carried you down. That's what happened. The rest is just crazy talk. You understand."
Peter stares at him, hoping it isn't true.

Peter is sitting up in his hospital bed. He's drawing on a pad. It's of two stick people. One is on the ground, the other appears to be flying towards the other.

There's a knock on the glass. It's Peter's mother. As she enters the room holding a bag, Peter quickly hides his sketch. He smiles at her, looking a little uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Mom- "Help me understand what you were doing on that roof."
Peter- "I can't. Not yet. But I will. You just have to trust me.
There's a pause, as if she is hesitant to say something. Then she sits down beside him. She puts the bag on his bed. Its full his clothes and she starts to lay them out for him.

Mom- "There's something you need to know about your fathers death. He committed suicide."
Peter- "What?"
Mom- "He committed suicide."
She continues to lay out his clothes and talks very calmly, showing little emotion.

Mom- "I found him on the floor of the bathroom."
Peter- "You said he had a heart attack."
Mom- "I lied. For his reputation, his heart was fine."
Peter is confused.

Peter- "But he'd had two others before that."
Mom- "Well, I lied about those too. Suicide attempts, both of them. He finally got what he wanted."
Peter just stares at her.

Mom- "When he was twenty-three he was diagnosed with major depressive disorder. He couldn't help it. It was just who he was."
Peter- "Why didn't I know about any of this before?"
He now looks hurt.

Mom- "Your father and I decided not to tell you since the disorder can have a genetic link and you were always so sensitive. We didn't want you to worry about it."
Peter- "But you're telling me now."
His mother pauses, but continues to face him about it. In her own way, you can tell she is worried for him.

Mom- "It can start with dillusions of grandeur. Thinking you're invincible, or indestructible. They are irrational thoughts that then turn suicidal. It's time you took a hard look at your life."
Peter puts his head down, as if he's ready to break down.

Mom- "And if there are changes to be made, I want to be here to help you."
Her voice begins to crack.
Mom- "Because there's something else I never told you."
Peter looks up at her again. She smiles.
Mom- "Come here."
They both lean towards each other.

Mom- "You were always my favorite. I cannot lose you."
Peter holds back tears, and smiles. He nods his head, then looks away. His face is filled with sadness.

At night, Peter sits on the edge atop of a building. The New York skyline surrounds him as he appears deep in thought. From behind, Nathan opens the door to the outside and approaches him. He says he's been looking all over for him. Peter can't look at him.

Peter- "Did you know about Dad's depression?"
Nathan puts his head down.

Nathan- "Yeah."
Peter- "Why didn't you ever tell me?"
Nathan- "Because everyone is entitled to their secrets, Peter."
Peter stares down below at the street. Then, he stands up on the edge and turns to face Nathan.

Peter- "I was so sure when it happened. Now it turns out I'm just... going crazy."
Peter now faces the street again.

Nathan- "Look, hey... We've been through this before. We've played this game, okay?"
Peter turns around again and faces him, still up on the outer edge of the rooftop.

Nathan- "Let's just... Let's just go."
Peter- "Tell me what happened, Nathan. When I jumped. Tell me you flew. I wanna hear you say that you flew."
Peter takes a step back.

Peter- "Tell me, or I'll jump again."
Nathan says nothing. Peter takes another step back.

Peter- "Hey, good luck on your caimpaign... when I'm splattered all over the ground below."
Peter almost falls backward.

Nathan- "All right. You want the truth?"
Peter- "Yeah."
Nathan- "We both flew."
Peter rolls his eyes, as if knowing Nathan isn't telling the truth.

Nathan- "Pete... I caught you, and I lost control. You're too heavy. We both started falling to the ground. And just before we... Just before we hit, you flew. You."
Peter- "Are you lying to me?"
Nathan shakes his head. Peter is now mad, clearly not believing him.

Peter- "You are."
Peter begins walking towards him.

Peter- "You're trying to tell me what you think what I wanna hear."
Nathan looks up at him as if shocked. Peter continues to walk towards him.

Peter- "You're lying to me again!"
Nathan, unable to speak, points to Peter's feet. Peter looks down. He realizes he had walked off the outer edge of the rooftop and straight ahead towards Nathan. He is now hovering in the air, flying, in front of Nathan.

Peter loses his balance and concentration, and falls, landing on his feet. They stare at each other, stunned. Then Peter, relieved and overjoyed, embraces Nathan. Nathan seems more concerned though.

Peter- (whispering) "Did you see that? Did you see that? I flew."
Nathan- "Yeah, I- I know."

Peter smiles, as if freed.

We now see Peter's sketch again, lying on the hospital bed. It has the two stick men, one standing and one flying towards the other, on top of a building with the New York skyline behind them. It is a picture depicting exactly what has just happened... as if Peter had the power to foresee it.

to be continued...

Thanks to roxygrl223 for the animation