View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 09:14 AM
* Heather *
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by joske:
<STRONG>J choosing her lifemate as if it was a game</STRONG>
Joey knew who she wanted to end up with the moment that finale started. There was no game.

Quote:
P/J using D/J's history to justify their 'ending'
I'm not sure I understand what exactly you're talking about here. Was it the fact that Dawson and Joey finally admitted that they were friends/family and nothing more, with the transcending and all, and that you didn't like it?...

Quote:
Jen dying to 'resolve' the triangle and miss Potter's lovelife
If that's really how you viewed Jen's death I feel sorry for you because you're missing out on the best story in the entire finale. Not to mention doing the character of Jen a huge injustice. Jen's death helped her friends live the way they wanted because who knows how much time you have left. That message was the essence of the finale and you completely missed it. Jen's death forced Joey to stop running. That's all. It just so happened that Pacey (not Dawson) was the person she was running from.

Quote:
Jack/Doug???
Dude, Jack/Doug was freakin' brilliant. And it worked which surprised the hell out of me.

Quote:
a finale that was changed after most of it had been filmed?
Now joske, that's stretching just a little bit. Sure there were rewrites, but I'm fairly certain that most of the finale had not been filmed yet. I could be wrong though

Quote:
a finale that had Dawson the ultimate romantic ending up alone?
Dawson didn't end up alone. He had his two best friends back...something that he'd been missing for nearly 8 years. Just because he wasn't screwing Joey doesn't mean he didn't have her in his life. Did you miss the point of all that transcending, you and me always bull*****? And, just for the record, just because one does not have a significant other does not mean he or she lives a desolate, bitter, and lonely life. Dawson was living the dream. He had a hit tv show at 25 and he had a meeting with Speilburg. At 25. He seemed pretty happy in the last scene. Just because you weren't doesn't mean Dawson wasn't.