View Single Post
Old 05-23-2004, 01:52 PM
* Marauder's Child *
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat
But what's with the Rupert hate? Rupert's a sweetie pie. I just don't get why people would be happy not to see or hear from him. I guess I live in a dilusional world where HP fans love all the characters and the actors who play them.
hmmm... I immediately read the whole thread to see if there were any Rupert bashing... and I was too releived to find that there wasn't.

*sigh* I'm sorry if that upsets you , but since they were just offhand statements showing her preference of Emma & Dan over Rupert, I really don't see anything wrong with that.

You see, this is the Dan/Harry thread after all, and if I recall correctly, even in the Rupert/Ron and Tom/Draco threads, there has been comments before of saying "Dan who?" and "I don't care about Dan, give me Rupert/Tom!".

Just as long as it's not bashing, or saying really really hurtful comments about Rupert, or any other character/actor, there really isn't anything wrong with that, in my opinion.

I commend you for thinking that all the characters should be loved equally, and although I do have my favorites as well, that doesn't mean that I hate any of the actors, and I do know how to separate them from the characters that they portray. Actually I'm a semi-regular poster at the Ron/Rupert thread as well. And also at the threads of Tom/Draco, Gary/Sirius, David/Lupin, Christian/Tom Riddle, minor characters, and even in the Neville, Dumbledore, McGonagall, and the others that have been deleted by the Admin inthe most recent pruning.

The thing is, it's perfectly normal to have our preferences, and as human beings we DO see things differently from other people and would oftentimes not see eye-to-eye with other people's opinions, but I just hope that we just let it go, and accept it as "their opinion".

Also, I sent you a PM, I hope you get to read it as well.

I hope you won't get discouraged to come here at the DFC thread.

&
~ Sade
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé