View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 06:40 AM
UnsilentMajorty
Obsessed Fan

Michael Bay = Sucks.

I am sorry if that is a biased, and to-the-point statement, but I don't know what else to say.

Michael Bay, in my opinion, is one of the worst director's of our time simply because he still has't learned what makes a good film, I.E. how to direct one that doesn't go over-budget and one that is free of mindless car chases and explosions... Because even smart action films exist, but Bay doesn't even pretend to want to make them.

He also has contempt for his audiences because he said in numerous interviews they are nothing but "Hory teenagers who like to see ******* blow up" and his directing style is nothing but cheap parlor tricks with no real rhyme or reason.

For example, as a viewer, I don't want the camera shaking around every five seconds and then a close up of someone's eye brow as it zooms back and forth to create the illusion of movement and motion. This is a cheap parlor trick which means he isn't confident enough in how he is directing the film to just let it be and see what happens.

As far as Transformers the movie itself...

I grew up with Transformers -- I was old enough to play with the first generation of Transformers before all the new incarnations and also have the first edition of the comic book series -- But I think this movie will bomb, regardless of who makes it, because movies with excessive CGI aren't as "hot" as they used to be and you know Transformers is going to be 90% CGI because of the robots. Add in Bay's direction and you can already see the writing on the wall in this is going to be another shallow, mindless spectacle intended for the very teens he caters to anyway IN MY OPINION.

I apologize if my views on Bay and Transformers are harsh. I just don't respect either him or the project to be blunt.

However, these are just my personal feelings. I don't want to intimidate, or prevent others from posting as well... Especially, if they are looking forward to it.

Carry on...
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote