View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 07:25 PM
dragonfire
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome, and you're welcome.

You're welcome again.

So that's why I'm pretty sure that Hugh and Ryan will be done with Wolverine and Deadpool by then.

Glad you know.

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying those movies.

Glad you know.

Yes, I know you know. I've only been saying it repeatedly. How you guys put up with me...

You're welcome.

Glad you agree. They need to give their characters a break.

Oh, so you think the multiverse thing is a risk?

It's okay, you can admit it. No one cared for anyone else in that movie, and even Keaton wasn't enough to draw people in.

Probably, although I'm only there for Garfield. He got royally screwed over. He should've been the MCU Peter. And if they do that then they'll eventually have to recast Captain America and Iron Man, since both Evans and Downey Jr. are getting too old for the roles.

You're welcome. Oh, so you think F4 is cursed? It's only cursed because Hollywood never knows how to properly adapt them.

Well, that first F4 movie that The Cannon Group made was just awful, dragonfire. Consider yourself lucky that we were spared. Remember, this is the same studio that did Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, and the original Captain America movie that went straight to video. And animated shows are notorious for getting cancelled after only a couple of seasons. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes had that happen as well.

Fox didn't know what they were doing with those F4 movies. They also screwed up with Daredevil, Elektra, X-3: The Last Stand, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, remember?

Wait, they killed John Krasinski's Reed Richards in the Multiverse of Madness?

Well, the Wesley Snipes Blade movies did pretty well.

Thanks for the link. Yep, I heard about that, and good riddance.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I know.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Yep.

No.

I know.

I know.

Thanks. Yes. I know.

I know. I know.

I know. I remember. To be honest I think Fox looked at the X-Men & F4 the same way WB looked at Batman & Superman.

Maybe the game goes for Disney because so far they have done more with the X-Men than the F4 ever since the rights returned to Marvel.

Yes, Wanda killed him. She also killed a variant of the Professor, Black Bolt, etc.

Then at the end of the movie she sacrificed herself to save everyone basically they Dark Phoenix her.

I know.

No problem. Well, it's not officially confirmed.

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter
Marvel Studios Taking Stock of Strategy Amid ‘The Marvels’ Meltdown
After the Marvels, Kevin Feige's storied superhero studio and Disney will now release only one superhero pic next year — 'Deadpool 3'.
Quote:
Behind the scenes, Marvel Studios and Disney were well aware The Marvels was in trouble before it hit the big screen. There was also a recognition that Feige and his team needed time to take a stock of their theatrical tentpoles, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. On Nov. 8, Bob Iger said during on an earnings call that Disney’s movie empire has “lost focus” because of an emphasis on quantity over quality in the rush to feed Disney+ under the Bob Chapek regime (though it was Iger himself who initiated this push before Chapek’s reign.) Feige and his team felt this mandate keenly, to detriment of Marvel’s movies, sources say.

A day later, Marvel and Disney revealed they were scaling back the number of superhero films they will release in 2024 from three to one. That news was made at the end of the SAG-AFTRA strike, and while the work stoppage, which shut down production on Deadpool 3, is certainly part of the reason for some of the date changes, it wasn’t the only one, sources say.

Shawn Levy and Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool 3 will be Marvel and Disney’s sole superhero offering in 2024, and will now open on July 26 instead of May 3. The high-profile threequel, which co-stars Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, is the first Deadpool to be released by Disney since it acquired 20th Century Fox and is also the first R-rated pic to be released by Marvel Studios. The marquee title is described as a multi-verse spanning feature that will set the stage for Marvel’s upcoming Avengers movies.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ls-1235645119/