View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 08:49 AM
worthyoflove
Elite Fan

OKC bombing is one of the first big real world events I can remember as a kid vividly. I was 10, my aunt had just given birth to my cousin and it was spring break so my grandma and I went to go and stay with her and my uncle to help out with their older son. I remember being in their living room with the baby and watching it all go down.

I’m glad we didn’t make you feel uncomfortable about speaking your mind about it. To me it was always two separate issues with Koresh, the government did bungle it in so many ways but the underage girls being overlooked or pushed to the side because of what happened to the Davidians was and is disturbing. I know Taylor really had a hard time with whether or not he wanted to take on the role or if he even should. His feelings on that was what got me through a lot of the press and promotion of the series to be honest but there’s no denying I think he leaned into being sympathetic toward the Davidians and Koresh to justify doing the show or to even get him through it. The self loathing one would have to deal with trying to embody someone you absolutely despise and don’t understand. He reached for the relatable parts of Koresh and did such a good job at times he almost made him sympathetic and dare I say likable. Cult leaders obviously have that charisma and he captured it so well but I’m not sure they leaned heavily enough into the darker parts of Koresh in the show as a whole.

I haven’t watched it fully back save maybe once after it aired and I don’t think I will again because of the subject matter. It’s too heavy.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote