View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 02:36 AM
KitscherSunk
Addicted Fan

I remember the OKC bombing VERY well. I’d had a doctor’s appointment, and when my mom and I got home and turned on the TV, there it was: that bombed-out building. I’ll never forget that image, or the images of the first responders carrying the children away from the adjacent day care, covered in soot and dirt and some bloody from injuries.

I will reiterate that I wish Taylor had never made this series. I think I was the only one here who hated it, both artistically and its sympathetic portrayal of Koresh. I remember feeling awkward at that time being honest about just how much I HATED this series and this subject with my whole being, and having to either bite my tongue or hide the fact that it bothered me that Taylor spoke so sympathetically about Koresh in interviews. I hated having to watch all those documentaries and read all those books/articles about it, looking for some resolution as to whether the series was accurately portraying the events or if it was exploiting the anti-government sentiment that was growing in some segments of our country. I feared what the series might inadvertently inspire. And it very much angers me when people use “whataboutism” surrounding Waco without acknowledging or while downplaying the fact that white supremacists used Waco (and Ruby Ridge before it) as excuses to start taking scores of innocent lives to this day. I wanted the series to at least address that a little, but it only vaguely alluded to it.

Without having watched any of it but the trailer, I do wonder whether the Dowdles did this sequel series as a cash grab or it was their hope all along to follow up the first series with this one diving deeper (I assume) into what Waco spawned. I’m somewhat curious, but not enough to go down that rabbit hole again.

I wonder if Taylor has watched it.

*By the way, you guys didn’t do anything to intimidate me or make me feel I couldn’t be honest. It was my own fear of p*ssing anyone off.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 05-15-2023 at 02:57 AM
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote