View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 07:12 PM
UnsilentMajorty
Obsessed Fan

AWESOME EPISODE.

Cliffe Notes version for clarity:

This had so much going for it that I don't know where to start.

-A lot of us figured Angel was "playing" the SP and Hamilton...

Now, the big question of the hour is does Hamilton KNOW what Angel and crew are up to? Can he see through the glamour?

-Tons of thematic and visual imagery

*Angel playing racketball with the Devil (playing by the rules; playing the game)

*Social Political overtones mirroring real life (the Senator; Manchurian Candidate mind control stuff)

*Cordy giving Angel the power to see (visions; the ultimate link to TPB: Himself)

*Angel's "pep talk" with the big reveal in his office under the glamour

-It did come back to Illyria's quote from last episode about absolute power (Angel realized the SP exert absolute power, but don't actually physically control things on this plane; "the devil made me do it" ; The Devil Fooled mankind into thinking he (they)existed)

-It acknowledges the one basic truth about mankind: CHOICE.

(more relevant socio-political mirroring of reality and what is going on RIGHT NOW in the U.S.)

-It acknowledged that evil (SP) will always be around, but the degree to which it exerts control is all up to CHOICE on our parts.

-Heroes don't accept the world and make sure it's Hell for Evil.

*Turning tragedy into triumph

-Fred and Cordy's deaths will not be in vain

*Cut off the body and the Head will follow (die)

-Instead of taking on the SP... Take on their "wheel men" here on Earth and send a big message of "No more!"

-One act of defiance can grow into a revolution; One Voice can make a difference

-----

That's all I can think of right now.

One episode left... Who thinks the one that doesn't survive... Is Angel? Makes poetic sense doesn't it? Hmm....
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote