Thread: Rory UC
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 07:38 AM
potostfbeyeluvr
Extreme Fan

Did I never post here? My bad.

I'm a rabid Rory/Luke shipper. Rabid. I have literally abandoned all other ships, and devoted myself to LMLD (LuRo). I've written 5 LMLD fics, and am on staff of an LMLD C2.

LMLD stands for Like Mother, Like Daughter; and was voted on by the LuRo fans of a different message board.

Now, on to my reasoning behind dumping all sane ships for LMLD.

If they all lived in the real world, and ASP wasn't pulling the puppet strings all the time, I think LMLD could happen. Luke would treat her right. Dean didn't (IMO. He dumped her three times.) Jess didn't (As much as I love him) and Logan doesn't. (Cheating or not. He hurt her a lot. Also, crying on the bathroom floor.)

Luke has only shown signs of hurting people he loves recently. And I don't count S6 in regard to Luke anyways. It was all OOC, IMO. Luke is safe. Luke is steady. Luke cares about her.

I need something to keep me from falling away from GG. Something that no writer can take away from me. They took away Lit. It was always fairly obvious(in my mind) that LL weren't going to stay happily ever after forever. So I created something to give me a passion. I've abandoned regular ships. I could care less about what happens on the show. I've got a support group or UC shippers, and nothing that happens on the show can change our opinions, because they'll never happen on the show. I took control back from Amy by loving something that she couldn't touch.

That's how it started. I forced myself into spending time thinking about them more than thinking about regular ships. I read every fic, I researched age differences and age of consent laws. Then I wrote fic. I've made myself a haven from the world of S4-S6 GG. I can live in my world of happy LMLD and MM denial. If I cared about LL and wrote S3 LL fics, because of the way I am, they'd be tainted by my knowledge of April and the whole S5-S6 romance-turned-south. I have nothing to taint LMLD or MM. I can keep them pure, in my mind.

I know that it's odd, and I could have chosen more acceptable UC ships. But I needed something totally separate, that I could keep loving, even if DR turns the show in a circus where Luke and April travel from city to city as clowns. LMLD can't be broken by the show. Lit and Rogan and LL and CL can. I've protected myself, and grown to love the ships I chose.

I would hate LMLD on the show, more than any other fan would. It would let them take away my safety net. LMLD and MM are, in reality, the only reason I've not totally abandoned GG. I love them.