View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 02:55 PM
canflam
I am a basketball genius!

That's too bad about those films not being available for you to watch. Here's what I found about that from Wikipedia: ''Turner Broadcasting System acquired the US rights to Doraemon in 1985 in a co-production with the scandal-plagued Canadian children's animation company Cinar (now known as WildBrain), entitled The Adventures of Albert and Sidney. Both companies planned to air the first 50 episodes that year on what was then called SuperStation WTBS, but due to unknown circumstances, the series did not air on the network as planned. It did, however, end up airing on CBC TV 8 in Barbados during the late 1980s and early 1990s.[1]

TV Japan aired Doraemon in its original Japanese version without subtitles[citation needed] in the US and Canada from June 2012 until March 2014. The U.S. dub of Doraemon started airing on 7 July 2014 on Disney XD in the US, Disney XD aired a few episodes of the show in Canada in the summer of 2015 for two weeks before pulling it.''

On 14 November 2008, Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur 2006 was screened in its original Japanese version with English subtitles in the Washington, D.C. area, marking the first time Doraemon ever made an appearance in the United States.

Bang Zoom! Entertainment premiered an English-dubbed version of Stand by Me Doraemon at the Tokyo International Film Festival on 24 October 2014.

Foreign streaming service Netflix released an English dub of Stand by Me Doraemon 2 in Japan on 6 November 2021 featuring the return of the voice cast of the English dub of the 2005 anime. Netflix also released the dub around the world on 24 December 2021. In North America, Viz Media is the master licensor for the series, but like all other Fujiko Fujio properties, it never had an English release. Back when the company was known as Viz Communications, they had plans to publish the manga in English in the early 1990s. But, due to the large amount of crude humor, and perverted moments that would have to be censored (one example being the numerous bath scenes featuring the female character, Shizuka), the license was eventually removed.

The Doraemon Exhibition originally presented at the Fujiko F. Fujio Museum was heading overseas for the first time. The "Meet! Doraemon" exhibit was shown in at Bishop Museum in Honolulu, Hawaii. The exhibit opened on 15 February-20 April 2014.

On 3 March 2020, CLW Entertainment uploaded the whole two seasons of Doraemon's US dub to its dedicated YouTube channel when their contract was about to end. Their YouTube account, however, was terminated in June 2020 over several TV Asahi copyright claims relating to the use of Doraemon without a valid contract.
Brazil''
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote