View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Christina81
New Fan

I'm already late for work, but I loved the season finale so much that I had to post on here before I left.

Shout out to Jerry D! This show is so much better than Dawson's Creek!!!!

OK, so first my dislikes. I started yelling at the TV when I realized all of our worst fears about the Madison situation were true. There is enough drama on the show to captivate us without a silly, trite storyline that may be used to defuse whatever is going on between Amy and Ephram right now next season. I really hope they don't go down the Dawson/Joey route, because Amy/Ephram really deserve a chance to explore their relationship which has been pending for the last two years.

And I wasn't a huge fan of Bright's little conversation with Ephram-- I mean come on! "soulmates"?? We all know that timing is a B*tch but it plays a huge role in when people are right for each other. Things change, people change. I seriously don't think Amy has ALWAYS been the right person for Ephram. If she had been, she wouldn't have treated him so badly first season. And I'm also not a big fan of people "staying" for other people-- we do need to develop a future for ourselves, ya know? it's not fair otherwise. And the fact that Nina wasn't in the episode kind of sucked... i loved Andy/Nina's interaction in the last episode...

HOWEVER... those were small in comparison to my loves of this episode. I loved all of the Ephram/Amy moments-- the awkward asking him to stay, regardless that the asking wasn't very fair, it was very sweet, realistic, and Amy KNEW she shouldn't be asking, but she wanted this so very much. That was very real to me. Then the picnic, Ephram struggling inside of himself, the love of his life or the life he's always dreamed of. Then asking her to wait for him-- SO SWEET! with other actors it might have been saccharine, but i think both of them pulled it off really well. Plus, i am really glad that he didn't stay behind for her. That just didn't make any sense for him to do. And then the last scene, I know logically it didn't make much sense for her to end up on the same plane/seating arrangement-- but the fact that she said she "wasn't good at waiting" -- I was like, way to go, woman! I'm the same way and I go for what I want. Screw waiting! I am glad that Amy is shown as a strong female character-- i thought this moment was done extremely well! I'm excited that they'll get 10 days together, although like someone else has already said, I'm sad that we won't get to see them.

And then my absolute favorite part of the episode-- the interactions between Dr. Brown and Dr. Abbott. I love how these two have a love/hate relationship, but how Dr. Brown has realized not to take Dr. Abbott seriously, how he's just naturally a spaz, but has a good heart underneath. I loved their interaction in the bagel shop, how Andy has been having these dreams and is wondering why his wife died, and what this all means. And Dr. Brown's surprisingly accurate and eloquent response. I loved how they resolved his bagel shop failing and are going into a partnership together (That will give some great fodder for next season!!!), but the BEST part, was the ending to the dream that Dr. Brown has been having. Way to pack a punch!!!! I love his wife's comment "It really scares me to think about what it would take to wake you up." I mean, it's TRUE... if she hadn't died, Dr. Brown wouldn't have taken such an interest in his children's upbringing and really become connected to them. And if he hadn't moved to Everwood, this dream may have very likely been reality. Not to say that her death happened for a reason, but that he needs to realize that much good came of it-- and that he has to look forward, not backward. OK that's my piece! Can't wait to read everyone else's commentary!