View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 04:02 PM
BlondieLeigh
Fan Forum Legend

Yep. It's not right.

You'd think he would have at least mentioned it if he was thinking about it. It seems to have come out of nowhere for them, too.

Honestly the idea that he will take bts because he wants to be there makes me sad, but if the rumours are true it makes sense.

There's just so much! There's another one now, too. A character exited Med last night. No idea why he's leaving, but he is a black man.

I think Kelli opened the floodgates, so to speak. It was very obvious the reasoning was sketchy as hell, and people started asking questions. The Jesse thing just made it all so much bigger. This is all very concerning. It's not a small list, either.

Rachel DiPillo (MED)
Jamie Gray Hyder
Demore Barnes
Kelli Giddish
Diane Neal
Jill Hennessey - in the sense that they knew she wanted to come back and didn't even tell her her character was being killed off before it aired.
Annie Ilonzeh (Fire)
Adriyan Rae (Fire)
Lisseth Chavez (PD)
Elias Koteas (PD) - included because the rumour is he wasn't even told he was fired until he got the script where his character died.
Sophia Bush (PD)
Norma Kuhling (Med)
Colin Donnell (Med) - we know it wasn't his choice based on vague comments he made on social media just before the news dropped.
Jon Seda (PD) - They messed him around. Giving him a spin off, promising they'd bring him back if it was cancelled, bringing him back only ro refuse to renew his contact. His new show is amazing though, and Wolf has nothing to do with it.
Guy Lockard (Med)
Charlie Barnett (Fire)

Potentially Torrey DeVitto and Yaya Dacosta (Med) because as much as we assumed it was their choice, I now realise it was never actually confirmed, just implied. Yaya is now back in a recurring capacity. I would maybe even include Monica Raymund, because although we know it was her choice, her character wasn't given a proper exit because, despite her giving them months notice, he decided she was lying about not renewing her contract, and has admitted to essentially hassling her into coming back for guest appearances (which she has, twice, so there doesn't seem to be hard feelings but him just deciding she was lying is not okay).

Rachel's exit in particular is very concerning to me in retrospect. She supposedly asked to be released from her contract before season 4. Never made a statement about leaving, and seems to have stopped acting entirely since.

In better news though. PD's ratings for last night are in. Down by a million viewers based on their last season average and had a series low demo. Fire and Med were also significantly down, but PD (where an abuser was directly promoted) had a like, 17% drop from last season's average.

Leigh Tumblr