View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Mariael311
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by UnsilentMajorty:
<STRONG>Also add...

***** the Nielsen Familes and Rating System!

*****'em ALL!

We don't want THAT now do we? Grrr...</STRONG>
Oh yeah! Can't forget those a$$holes and their stupid reality tv! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I guess they don't want us thinking since it is so damn obvious that they are not!! They don't want smarter people then TPTB at FOX! At this point a monkey's ass could do a better job then they are! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I got this from another forum...the poster's name is freeIII
Quote:
in one month on the air, wonderfalls has had more search results for it than many of the other fox shows, suprisingly, even ones that have had the better part of a season to develop faithful viewers. this is no scientific survey, but here's what i found as of today...
"forever eden" - 59,400
"tru calling" - 83,100
"malcolm in the middle" - 94,400
"arrested development" - 124,000
"WONDERFALLS" -125,000
"the oc" - 443,000

as of the time i am writing this, all of the shows listed are still on the air, with the exception of wonderfalls. malcolm and arrested are considered valuable to the network, not major players, but valued shows. i included the oc because it has been around since the beginning of the season, and has nearly generated a half million hits. WONDERFALLS ONLY GOT A MONTH AND DID A QUARTER OF THAT. i conjecture that neilsen really doesn't know squat, considering how big a success the oc has been. (it's somewhat of a cultural phenomenon) I further would suggest that nobody can accurately gauge what people are watching, but here is proof of what people are talking about. irrefutable evidence that internet equipped people (i'm guessing a desirable demographic w/ a reasonable amount of disposable income) have taken pretty strongly to this show in only a month. the ratings system is out of date, and is a rediculously small sample to boot. in closing i say, sorry for the rant, and i'm ready for the dvd's, or another network to pick up the series. (upn/wb is where stuff like this can grow, the big THREE are two uptight and fox is a wasteland)