View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 08:27 AM
LindaL100
Absolute Fan

I have more faith in the new management because unlike Hamada who really had no prior experience with running a massive production company like WB, the new CEO actually has many years of experience running production companies, so he is more experienced and seems to understand how to run a success business. WB has billions of $$ in debt because the previous management under Hamada had wasted alot of money making expensive and subpar movies that failed at the box office and releasing expensive movies directly to their streaming platform HBO Max at the same time which was a stupid idea because it meant they had lost alot of revenue at the box office. The previous management really did not know what they were doing, alot of their bad decisions had led to WB losing so much money. The reason why the new management is cancelling so many projects is because they are trying to save money and cut costs, they want to turn their focus back to releasing movies in theaters which is where most of the profit comes from, and making better quality movies. They don't want to spend money on projects that they don't believe in or know that are not going to be profitable. They are ultimately trying to fix the problems that the previous management made, the previous management had ruined & mismanaged the DCEU, so Zaslav is now trying to fix it, and they will focus more on quality rather than quantity, WB lost too much money so now he is trying to save money and cut costs, it's a smart move, I can already tell that Zaslav is a much smarter businessman than the previous management, and he at least seems to have a much clearer idea of what direction he wants DC to go and wants all the DC movies and TV shows to be all connected and wants the DCU to be alot more consistent, which is already giving me more confidence in the new management. The old management really had no clue what they were doing and had no clear direction at all and they really didn't know what to do with DC.

Last edited by LindaL100; 08-17-2022 at 08:54 AM
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote