View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 09:49 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Great commentary.

I can definitely understand why you have a different perspective on watching Rose's cancer story unfold this time. My mother was diagnosed with lymph node cancer a few years before she passed away and she had surgery and underwent radiation treatment for it, so I could also relate to this story, as well as having my own cancer scare years ago. I loved seeing the loving support that Harold gave Rose, and both actors hit their scenes out of the park.
This show has a way to reach you.

Quote:
That really was an incredible scene and it was so moving as Harold expressed his fear and frustration and he was beating himself up for not listening to Rose sooner, and Andy didn't react and just let him vent.
It was really good. Harold even redeemed himself in this way because I think even the audience was a bit irked he thought she was just stressed out for far too long. That is the beauty of Harold Abbott... he might mess up but he always finds a way to see the light.

Quote:
I loved that very brief but very telling scene between Andy and Delia and how she compared Nina to Julia and told Andy she was perfect for him, tacitly encouraging him to pursue a romantic relationship with her.
I loved it.

Quote:
Treat Williams did an incredible job of depicting Andy's confusion and anxiety as he realized that he loved the woman that he always thought of as his friend.
He was flawless.

Quote:
Like I said in my review, I was actually surprised that Bright was so friendly with Ephram, given what Ephram had done to his sister, but I guess they both had the ability to separate their friendship from his relationship with Amy.
I hadn't thought about that actually until you mentioned it! So true. I guess Ephram and Bright weren't really fighting but Bright also had to know Ephram continued to hurt Amy even after their talk too. Yes, I guess they separated things but at least Bright told Ephram he was making tons of mistakes.

Quote:
That really was a fun scene.

That was such a cute scene. Hannah acted mad that Bright called her, but I also think that she was happy that he did. I did feel sorry for Topher, but I guess that the point being made was that he wasn't the right guy for Hannah and that they had no chemistry, which cleared the way for a Bright/Hannah relationship.
It was really great!

Quote:
I completely agree, and I also really have come to love and appreciate Amy and Hannah's friendship this time around.
Could you imagine Amy's life without Hannah during this time?

Quote:
I hate that when Amy was about to tell Ephram that Rose had cancer, he told her that he was leaving and he didn't know when he was coming back, breaking her heart even further. You can really understand why Amy needed time when he came back to let her heart heal before ever considering getting back with him, and he was very lucky that she gave him another chance after what he did to her.
100%. Ephram really messed up Amy's heart whether he realizes it at the time or not. He hurt her so much and given her mother's cancer diagnosis and everything else, it was so much for her to handle. Ephram was Amy's rock for so long. So not only did Ephram break up with Amy, but their friendship is lost and confusing now as well. I think the friendship part of the layered dynamic is what hurts Amy the most... she doesn't have it anymore right now because Ephram has voluntarily checked out. It sucks.

Quote:
Ephram's actions were incredibly spiteful and immature, and all the things that he sold really weren't his, and everything he did was out of spite and he did it to hurt Andy. Yes, Ephram was hurt and angry about the Baby gate news, but he took his anger way too far and he inflicted heartbreak on everyone who loved him out of sheer spite.
Well said.

Quote:
LOL!
The timing was just super funny.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote