View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 07:44 PM
canflam
I am a basketball genius!

Agreed. I'm finally here this week. A lot going on in the news.

Indiana has banned abortion. Unlike in Kansas, voters did not get to vote as to whether or not they want abortion legal there. Because my view is that women that are willing to do what it takes to get abortions will ultimately get them, I do not know how many women women in Indiana this ban will deter from getting abortions. Maybe it makes women more determined to have abortions.

So, CPAC was this week. I thought they had an event earlier this year, but nevertheless there has been 1 going on in Dallas this week. Typically I choose to not watch CPAC events or Republicans & conservatives in general on T.V. give speeches, but I saw on MSNBC tonight they show clips of people there talking about which Republicans they would like to see run for U.S. president in 2024. Here is a quote from a woman who appeared to be at least in her 60s, which I do not know the demographic for CPAC. I would guess that most people in their early 20s are not visiting there, but unsure. Here is her quote: "If Donald Trump don't win, I'm gonna pray that God will just end it. I'm very adamant about that." Victor Orban was at this event by the way. That was just 1 person that said that I know of, but yikes if you're a Republican thinking of running for president. There was also a a rioter from January 6th last year in a "mock jail cell" pretending to cry at CPAC.

In other news Alex Jones lost defamation lawsuit & has been ordered by Texas court to pay $50,000,000 to families that he defamed regarding Sandy Hook & made off doing so.

There is also Ron DeSantis acting like his typical tyrant self in my opinion by suspending state attorneys that will not enforce laws regarding abortion & transgender surgeries. I'll say this as a liberal & not wanting people with tendencies of tyrants & dictators in governments, at least people are seeing what a potential Ron DeSantis presidency could very well be, before if & when he does run for that position.

Last edited by canflam; 08-06-2022 at 08:17 PM