View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 08:15 AM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I have to hope you're not serious about the witch
Thatcher was rotten to Ireland, but she was good in a number of ways. I like Blair too. Whereas I can't stand Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn, who stand for populism, both right wing and left wing. If Corbyn hadn't been leading the Labour party in 2019, Johnson would have lost the election and Brexit could have been reversed. That election was a referendum on Corbyn, not on Brexit. The majority of voters voted for anti-Brexit parties, but Johnson won because of the first past the post system Britain has. Had Labour not had such an unpopular leader, even the first past the post system couldn't have saved Johnson. Corbyn turned off many people for a whole bunch of reasons. He was considered by 85% of Britain's Jewish people to be an anti-Semite, and when people tell them he's not, they're doing the same thing as people who tell black people and Hispanics in America that Trump is not a racist. Corbyn also made no real effort to fight Brexit, because he was actually against the EU, seeing it as a capitalist project.

Last edited by sum1; 07-15-2022 at 08:30 AM