View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 05:59 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Oh right, Katherine Heigl as well.

I think you nailed what happened with Dawson’s Creek and Katie Holmes. I was just starting to get my feet wet as a regular user of the Internet back then so wasn’t fully aware of what was going on with her and the show. I just tuned in without the online presence initially. I couldn’t imagine how people must have been obsessed with her which is actually really creepy when you think about it because when the series started she was just out of high school. Then again, I experienced the Harry Potter Series and how weird mostly adult men were with a 12/13 year old Emma Watson which was so disturbing and much worse.
Most of the "fans" of Katie Holmes then (and the ones that started websites that were devoted to her) were creepy college guys who wanted to talk about how "hot" she was. When I first got a computer in 1998 and I first got on the Internet, I did a search to find out information about Dawson's Creek, and I visited one of those sites (which are no longer around) and I was creeped out by it, but one of those websites linked me here to Fan Forum, and I've been here ever since.

I never was in the Harry Potter fandom so I didn't know about guys obsessing about Emma Watson when she was a teenager, but unfortunately, it doesn't surprise me as there are a lot of creepy people out there.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy