View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 08:16 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Right? Why? They thought she was selling material? Were they using her to jumpstart the network? I didn’t watch Roswell at the time but did they do this with Shiri or Majandra?
What I think happened is that Katie Holmes became very popular on the Internet, (she was one of the first actresses to become popular on the Internet, with people creating websites for her) and Paul Stupin and Co., who did have an awareness of the Internet, saw that and they hedged all their bets on Katie, which was a big mistake. Katie Holmes initially had a girl-next-door appeal, and in Season One she was the underdog that everyone rooted for to get the boy of her dreams, but after Season One she became the IT girl that no mere mortal could resist, and Katie's looks were already starting to fade in the later seasons and she didn't have the talent to carry the whole show, and the show suffered for it.

Roswell didn't do that with Shiri, Majandra, or Katherine Heigl.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy