View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 10:47 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I remember when Luke Perry was on Beverly Hills 90210, he also had a receding hairline, but he could somewhat get away with it because he was supposed to be older than the other characters. Funny story: I once made a remark on the Dawson's Creek board back in the day about James' receding hairline, and there was this Dawson fan named Jill Leigh who was really pompous and she would refer to the actors as Mr. this or Ms. that, and she said "Mr. Van Der Beek's hairline is normal for someone in their twenties as all men lose some hair in their twenties." Um, no, not all men lose some hair in their twenties. I didn't!
Exactly.

With Luke Perry, people always talked about how he was displaying the James Dean look too. All I kept thinking is Dean still looked much younger and he died really young too. Then again, Perry passed away at a fairly young age as well. Way older than Dean but thought of this odd comparison just now.

Quote:
It was sort of done in passing when Pacey and Gretchen visited her college and we "met" the jerk ex-boyfriend that got her pregnant.
Right! I vaguely remember this. I think I blocked out this time period because Pacey and Joey sickened me so much. It also doesn't help that I refuse to rewatch the show.

Quote:
The Pacey-Tamara storyline was the only part of Season One that I really didn't like, and that storyline ended in an unrealistic way where she left town and Pacey denied that anything happened between them. At least they didn't have her get pregnant though!
Yes, thank God for that!

She was 36 and Pacey was 15. Yikes. I saw an interview where Josh stated he didn't think they displayed the relationship as acceptable or anything. I slightly disagree. While they were clear it wasn't legal, I found there was a reason crazy fans liked them. There was this odd silent theme of you can't help who you are attracted to. It was strange. Pacey lost his virginity to her too. Yuck.

Williamson stated in an interview he doesn't regret the relationship/storyline but probably wouldn't do it in the present. I thought his thoughts were interesting. So is he saying it was more acceptable back then or in the present it's truly unacceptable? Very odd comments.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-01-2022 at 10:53 AM