View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 07:09 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
James definitely looked much older than Greg Smith.
I remember when Luke Perry was on Beverly Hills 90210, he also had a receding hairline, but he could somewhat get away with it because he was supposed to be older than the other characters. Funny story: I once made a remark on the Dawson's Creek board back in the day about James' receding hairline, and there was this Dawson fan named Jill Leigh who was really pompous and she would refer to the actors as Mr. this or Ms. that, and she said "Mr. Van Der Beek's hairline is normal for someone in their twenties as all men lose some hair in their twenties." Um, no, not all men lose some hair in their twenties. I didn't!

Quote:
Oh my gosh, thanks for the reminder, I remember this now. Yikes.
It was sort of done in passing when Pacey and Gretchen visited her college and we "met" the jerk ex-boyfriend that got her pregnant.

Quote:
Dawson’s Creek also did the Mary Kay Letourneau-like story with Tamara and Pacey as well so the show was definitely obsessed with controversial relationships and pregnancies.
The Pacey-Tamara storyline was the only part of Season One that I really didn't like, and that storyline ended in an unrealistic way where she left town and Pacey denied that anything happened between them. At least they didn't have her get pregnant though!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy