View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 05:10 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I’m trying to think of what the age difference was between them? If I remember correctly, Gretchen was 20 and Dawson was 17/18? Way better than Ephram and Madison but still, like you said, Gretchen appeared much older and there was that slightly creepy childhood/boyish crush Dawson as a boy had on her too.
Yes, I believe she was supposed to be 20, and Dawson would have been 17 or 18 as this was his Senior Year in High School. Oh course, seniors in High School usually don't have receding hairlines, but hey, this was Dawson's Creek! There was a backstory where we learned that Gretchen dropped out of college after her freshman year because she got pregnant and had a miscarriage, so there were shades of Madison there, although Dawson wasn't the father and she lost the baby.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy