View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 11:24 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
The character was written so perfectly for Dawson too. They really could have had a great storyline together. She could have challenged him with their art. I would’ve preferred them romantically together over Dawson and Gretchen because it was clear Gretchen was used simply to make Joey jealous and Pacey pissed.
I agree, and I thought that Bianca Lawson and James Van Der Beek had a lot of chemistry. Dawson and Gretchen were so fabricated, and they retconned a history where she was Dawson's first crush, and Gretchen seemed almost maternal with Dawson. Sasha Alexander was and is a beautiful woman, but she looked too old to be a 20 year old college student and a love interest for Dawson. Granted, almost all the actors on the show were older than the age of their characters, but Sasha looked like a woman instead of a college-aged girl, and her and James had no chemistry together in my opinion.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy