View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 11:42 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

One thing that struck me last night (as it often does during this rewatch) is how incredibly talented Emily VanCamp is, especially in this scene between her and Harold:

Quote:
DR. ABBOTT: How long have you been out here?

AMY: About 20 minutes. (a beat) We broke up.

DR. ABBOTT: (sighs) I'm so sorry. And I was out of line the other night.

AMY: It's okay.

Dr. ABBOTT: No. No. No, it wasn't. You didn't ask for any advice. It was ill-considered. I only said that because ...

AMY: You love me. I understand why you did it, Dad. And why you didn't tell me about Madison. Like, you love someone, you just want to protect them you know, like keep them away from all the bad stuff. 'Cause you think that's what's best for them, but it doesn't work.

DR. ABBOTT: Well, there's one thing I know about you and Ephram and that's you have a remarkable pension for working things out. So perhaps given a little time...

AMY: I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's over.
The wealth of emotions she displayed in this scene was incredible and her and Tom Amandes played off each other so well. This scene also showed me how much Harold loved Amy and how she understood what he was trying to do. It also showed that at that point, Amy was light years ahead of Ephram in terms of maturity and understanding.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote