View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 04:46 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

We all know that politicians will say or do anything to get elected, stay in office, and get reelected, and that most of them are liars and hypocrites, but the hypocrisy shown by certain politicians when something like a mass shooting happens appalls me. Yesterday, in his press conference about the Uvalde shooting, Texas Governor Gregg Abbott said: "What I do know, in talking to the leaders here, as well as leaders around the state, one thing that has substantially changed is the status of mental health in our communities," he said. "We, as a state, we, as a society, need to do a better job with mental health." Despite his totally phony calls for greater mental health support, Abbott just last month cut $211 million from the Texas state department that oversees mental health programs, NBC News reported. Texas also ranked dead last for overall access to mental health care in State of Mental Health in America's 2021 report. So much for doing a better job with mental health.

Article: https://www.insider.com/texas-gov-gr...-health-2022-5

I will never understand how people like this keep getting elected and reelected.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy