View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 12:35 AM
livstevi21
Fan Forum Hero

That's absolutely fair and I totally get it, truly I do.

I should elaborate though, and say that I don't enjoy meeting actors because I find them attractive, I meet them because I enjoy and admire the work that they do and I want to express to them how much a particular show or movie that they worked so hard on means to me. I don't need to compliment them on anything other than their work. I don't want to know about their personal life because as I've said, it's none of my business what they do outside of the work that they do. And I admire the celebs who are able to keep most of their personal life private, like Tom Welling has been able to do. Granted, he's opened up more in recent years and spoken quite a bit about some personal stuff on Michael Rosenbaum's podcast and does have an instagram/facebook account, but only because his wife Jessica posts a lot on hers. If you had told me 10 years ago that Tom would join social media I wouldn't have believed you. He doesn't post often though. And besides getting glimpses of his family life thanks to Jessica for sharing them, the boundary of sharing too much is kept to a minimum.

Indeed, and you're watching him play a character, not himself so you can easily separate actor from character if you so wish. It's what I have to do when re-watching Smallville these days with AM. I am watching Chloe, not the actress.

I've only watched Eddie Redmayne in The Theory of Everything, he was fantastic in the role of Stephen Hawking. Jamie Dornan, again the only thing I've seen him in is the few episodes he was on Once Upon a Time. I don't know anything else about them.