View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 07:16 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Stranger Things 3.5 and S3 in general

I am loving the season.

Wow, Hopper and Joyce are so ON romantically in the future. LOL. The rough and tough romantic banter is so obvious.

Good on Jonathan for admitting to Nancy that he was wrong because he was. She was mentally abused at work, those men were disgusting vile misogynistic pricks and he should have recognized this was the main issue over everything else. He does feel pressure because he doesn’t have money like Nancy and needs to work but abuse is abuse, not to mention her being 100% right there was danger around them once again. When she had a story and the mystery was becoming more clear, he needed to accept this and not doubt her. I am glad he realized he was wrong and that elevator scene was so perfect. Especially when she said she looks forward to him never doubting her again since she was right about everything.

I loved how Nancy and Jonathan naturally got involved with the younger group. It was awesome how smoothly both groups merged. I loved how they both stepped aside and let Eleven open the door. I can't wait until this newly formed group finally meets up with Steve's group!

The Eleven/Max friendship is everything in S3 which was so important for both girls. They have shared some wonderful scenes. My favorite is when Max was teaching Eleven about comics and Eleven was next to her in bed with her head on her shoulder.

I do like Max and Lucas overall. I was glad Eleven and Mike had a nice heart-to-heart in this one. From the beginning, there has been an unstoppable connection between the two which seems very spiritual in nature to me. That all said, I am glad Eleven got to spend time on other things in her life like friendship with Max and loving clothes and the mall. Simple things she missed out on locked up in a lab. She has been able to spread her wings more with the realization that she might love Mike but she has other things in her life too she wants to embrace.

Steve and Dustin scenes were amazing, I love Robin and Erica is precious. That little actress is phenomenal. I love their scenes as they found their way out of the elevator and Steve beating up a Russian.

I haven't commented on every episode (or else I wouldn't get through the watch lol) but I loved the scene in the last episode between Nancy and her mother, the kitchen scene. I cried, the acting was perfect and the mother/daughter chemistry sparkled. I have a feeling Nancy had been waiting for those words from her mother for a long time.

My biggest issue with S3 right now is the younger group not worrying about Dustin... why aren't they concerned? Will thought he was being left out... seriously, DUSTIN is the one being left out because they have no idea where he is… they send a code red calling him and he didn't answer. Doesn’t that bother them? Why not go past his house and see where the hell he is? It is weird. He's fine, he's with Steve and the other group but they do not know this! I find this a bit irritating. I hope their reunion is a good one.

I find it very interesting since it’s the 1980s we’re hearing lots of anti-Russia (or Soviet) sentiment from multiple characters… rightfully so because it was a big part of the 80s. It’s just interesting because in the present Russia is… well Russia and most of the world hates them too.

Although Alexei is endearing. I hope my intuition is right and he’s a decent Russian.

The hospital scenes had me so on edge.

So the flayed is really like a hive mind/body? Hurt one it hurts the others. I wonder if when they'll figure that out or it becomes relevant.

Great season so far, 3 more episodes to go until fully caught up and then ready for S4!

Last edited by jediwands; 05-17-2022 at 08:08 AM