View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 07:19 PM
sunnykerr
Fan Forum Star

Sounds like you and I both love the channel called Cottage Life here that has Supervet, Excape to the Country, Escape to the Continent, etc. I love vet shows because you usually end up seeing the animal feeling better. It absolutely breaks my heart when the animal doesn't make it, but that is fortunately rare. The only think I can't handle on a vet show, for some reason, is any surgery that breaks bones. I don't mind blood and guts, but anything to do with bones...

If we're gonna go to British comedy, I'm all about the panel shows. I think I was too French as a child to understand the humour and it just hasn't caught on with me? Even in French, absurd humour a la Monty Python often goes ten feet above my head (meaning I don't get it). But the way comedians bounce off each other on panel shows and have to be quick and witty... I usually end up my whole face and my sides hurting from laughing so much.

I loved Friends growing up. I'm not sure how well it's aged, though. And I watched Big Bang Theory... till I stopped. That's sort of the story of my life when it comes to comedies. I fall in love and then it peters off...

I did mean The Good Place, the sit-com with Kristen Bell and Ted Danson about the afterlife that lasted four years and so I never stopped watching. I don't think it's related to The Good Wife, but I'm completely uncertain about that, so I'm completely ready to admit I'm wrong here. I just didn't think the shows were related.

Though, again, if we're gonna talk about crushes, pretty much all the men on Good Place were incredibly charming.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote