View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 03:04 AM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yes, if Amanda fought John for custody, she would most likely win, but if she really wanted to be free, she might have allowed John to have custody as he seemed more involved as a parent than she was at that point.
I dont think we saw enough of their parenting to determine if he was a better parent or not. Only what Amanda said herself about wanting to leave them both or whatever it was lol. But I just took that a parent wanting some alone time and a natural feeling. Tho I wouldnt know since I dont have kids. But my response was mostly in reference to the fact that the women usually do get to keep custody of their kids.

Quote:
In this country, the woman literally has to be addicted to major drugs, mentally unstable to the point of not even understanding reality, convicted of a violent crime, in order to lose her children. Even in those cases, if she can get off the drugs, become mentally stable, she’ll end up getting her children back eventually too. So yes, nice try, John.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. And, as it should be imo. And I didnt like that he was kind of giving her an ultimatum. Like, okay we can get a divorce but I get the kid... uh, no. lol.

Quote:
He wasn’t cheating, he wasn’t doing anything serious, he was just working and very busy. Big deal?
EXACTLY! Honestly the flashbacks just didnt show us enough reason for them even wanting a divorce in the first place.... I am fine with divorce but i feel like people should just ask for it willy nilly. if you make a commitment to someone you should make every attempt to work on it. Relationships are hard and not always going to perfect.

Quote:
Overall, I found this episode to be somewhat uninteresting because it focused so much on Amanda
We had the same thoughts on that lol.

Quote:
I think that's just part of Amy's charm: She wanted her friend to be happy and although she could be pushy, as it turned out, Hannah did like Topher, but she didn't want to date anyone due to concerns that she might end up like her father.
Idk if i find it charming. So far we've seen amy being SUPER DUPER pushy with Hannah, almost like she feels a little bit above hannah and feels like she needs to mentor her. I mean, we saw her do similar things with her trying to get her to share her writing and also their conversation about sex. Dont get me wrong, I dont think Amy's intentions are bad at all, but sometimes I thinks he oversteps her bounds a little bit. Her and Hannah are just very different and I feel like hse can be too pushy sometimes.

Maybe it just reminds me of my ex friend who would always push me to go out with the "dorky" guys so she could have the guy i really liked to herself.... Sorry Amy, im projecting lmao.

Not that amy is doing that at all, but its like hse knows hannah and bright will never happen so shes trying to find someone more "fitting" for Hannh. idk..

Quote:
What they should’ve done is Amanda talk to Charlie privately and Andy talk to Delia privately THEN if both talks went well they could talk as a foursome.
Yes, this would have been so much better.

Quote:
Of course, if she had the gene imagine how horrible it would be basically waiting for death. It would be awful. But at the same time if that's the reality it is going to happen regardless so wouldn’t you want to know right away if you don’t ever have to worry about it instead of not having a clue and expecting that it might happen so you live your life in a very dark way? All around the best decision is knowing.
Not knowing would only work if you are the kind of person that just would be able to forget about it and live life regardless, but that is not me. I am an overthinker so I would def. need to know. That would really suck if you found out you had it and were just waiting for it... ugh. But at least you would try to live your life to the absolute fullest and experience things you want to do before you get to that point.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote