View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 03:59 PM
sunnykerr
Fan Forum Star

I've seen a fair amount of documentaries about what happened with that cult... doesn't really make me any more sure of what really happened, to be honest. I'm just a fan of true crime. I can believe she was brainwashed. I kinda think they all were. They all had to be, to do some of the stuff they did.

But, yeah, even if it's a pyramid scheme that relies on human exploitation to maintain itself... you're still an adult and responsible for your actions. I think, though, that the judge did see the brainwashing aspect of it all. And the fact that she recognized her responsibility... I mean, the ringleader got a sentence that's, like, 50 times longer than the one she had. So that sorta tells you they didn't think she was that pivotal.

That actress on the show with the bra you could see through her borrowed clothes... it's a show we have here that's a bit of an excuse to laugh at the celebrity guests. I should have mentioned that first. You don't go on there without expecting the jokes. Still, you can see where some who do go on struggle a little. She was a champion-level good sport.

I'm watching a documentary about Spring Awakening at the moment and that's another instance where attitude plays a lot in my ability to appreciate a celebrity. The female lead's gotten herself quite the reputation since those days. Jonathan Groff, on the other hand? Total cinnamon roll.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote