View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 12:43 PM
livstevi21
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I try not to mention the actress who played Chloe on Smallville's name too much these days. When the news first came out about what she had done, (this was around 2017) I was so shocked, like most fans of the show were. Some had inklings about what was going on with her during the final season as she was noticeably looking skinnier (plus she was no longer a series regular in S10, only returning for a few episodes). But I would never have guessed it was something as bizarre and serious as it was. One of my previous Tom board co-mods met her at a con in 2015, (funnily enough that was Wales Comic Con) and said she was nice and friendly. Every interview I watched her in and all the blogs she used to write on her website, she came across as super sweet, intuitive, intelligent and just all around a lovely lady. So....yeah, you can never really tell these days what's really going on with someone, even when they come across as charming and sweet.

Whilst definitely not innocent, I do believe she was coerced and brainwashed by a very dangerous man who was the one behind that whole cult. It's such a shame. It was hard at first, to be able to re-watch the show and separate actor from character, especially as she was such a huge part of the show, it did feel at times like she had tainted the show's legacy. She was in the most episodes next to Tom. But over time, I think most fans of Smallville have been able to separate her from her character when re-watching. I'm actually on a re-watch right now, on S2.

Oh absolutely. I think it's just nice to be able to spread word of good experiences when meeting celebrities, as they are out there. And totally, a good actor is able to listen and get along with people, and indeed, have good social skills. And, filming scenes can be long and tedious, up to 16 hour days so places like conventions are a cinch in a way.

What a cool memory, this actress obviously seemed like she had good intentions even if she came on too strong. I like how people are able to take jokes about them, obviously there's a limit, but she sounds like she has a good sense of humour, to be able to have a positive attitude when she is being made fun of. It's nice that something like that shows you there's more to her than meets the eye.