View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 08:00 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)

Teresa knew the score too.
Yes she did! She stopped watching in Season Three!

Quote:
Exactly, Jerry. When you think about it... what on earth were we watching?
That's so true!

Quote:
What made me the most sick was how Jen was depicted as a s$ut in so many words in S1. Even her own grandmother treated her like that. I couldn't imagine even for a second my grandmother going there with me. It was unbelievable what they used the character of Jen for. It was inferred Jen was almost assaulted because of how she looked and acted, she was not good enough for the player in Charlie or any other guy. Even with Dawson she was depicted as his second choice.
Oh I know! Jen was treated so horribly on the show from the beginning to the end.

Quote:
Joey, for as much as we talk about how she was the queen, she was also basically reduced to which guy she was going to end up with. Right now given what is going on in the world, just noticing the treatment of girls/women on this show is maddening.
That's so true, because as much as the show idolized Joey, they also reduced her to being the "prize" that either Dawson or Pacey would "win," which is incredibly misogynistic.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy