View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 10:40 PM
Litlover73
Passionate Fan

Yep Milo just gets it.

Wow this is so true.
https://stellaluna33.tumblr.com/post...relai-being-so

‘That gifset of Luke and Lorelai being so distracted by each other that they keep bumping into things is reminding me yet again that Jess was the ONLY one of Rory’s boyfriends that ever was given that adorable “mutual awkwardness” phase. Look, I don’t know if that’s supposed to “mean” anything or not, but it does make that relationship more endearing to me, and makes it feel more emotionally significant to them. Neither Dean nor Logan were ever shown as being reduced to a stammering, stumbling MESS around Rory and, having experienced the alternative, it just doesn’t hit the same way. With them, we got Rory being awkward and shy and rambly, but Dean and Logan remained eternally suave and amused by her behavior (affectionately amused, but…). And it’s not that that’s BAD, it’s just… not the same. Like I cannot overestimate how DELIGHTFUL it is that Jess, with his carefully cultivated “tough” and “emotionally untouchable” reputation, is so affected by Rory’s mere presence that she startles him and renders him incapable of any speech beyond a strangled, “Hi.” And it feels like it evens the power dynamics in the relationship in a way that I really really like.’

I love this. And also we get to see Jess’s emotions and struggles during his scenes with Luke which gives him so much more depth. There is a tiny bit of that with Dean and his conversations with Lorelai, but pretty much nothing at all with Logan. The perspective of that relationship is only shown from Rory’s side.