View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 10:48 PM
Butterfly85
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordX13 (View Post)
Hi Butterfly! Back then it sure was, have i ever expressed to you how much i dislike when chars in beloved series don't age with us (the viewers)? Maybe if they did, i could have at least been swayed enough to remain updated; Do you remember Ash was 10 when the journey started? Well, i was younger than him and now i'm 32, heheha, kids now say he is 12 but that is their go to excuse when trying to justify it, there's just no way many of us OG's will remain interested after you clearly only cater to the new blood and towards the people that helped you get there in the 1st place and it doesn't help at all that the art style and animation has decreased exponentially, after 2 decades+ their pedestal might crumble soon and we won't even feel sad. If i were to have my own kids in the near future, i definitely will not recommend them to watch any season past Johto.
I kind of forgot Ash was 10 when the series started, but he's still a kid 25 years later. That's what irks me about cartoons, everyone stays the same age forever. It's worse with The Simpsons, I think I was four when that show started and Maggie is still a damn baby. This is why shows shouldn't be on 20 or 30 freaking years later, it's psychotic IMO. I can't even imagine still watching a show I LIKE that long, that's just too much. It gets stale and I can't imagine what else they could possibly do 20+ years later. I agree that if people watch Pokemon, they should just watch the golden years of Indigo until the end of Johto when Brock and Misty leave. That was the end of the best era, and I'm still disappointed nothing happened with Ash/Misty when they set it up. Back then I expected some payoff, what a waste SMH.