View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 09:27 PM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

Happy Easter everyone! I dont really celebrate but still lol.

Jerry, I am still coughing a LOT from when I had Covid, that seems to be the lingering symptom.

Quote:
That sucks so much. Does the medication help at all?

It makes sense you're in pain... it's not like he removed something that wasn't severely infected/painful BEFORE removal. The state that the cyst was in is probably why you are in pain now. It was aggravated, then removed, the healing tissue is going to be extra unhappy as it goes there given everything that the area has been through (infection, inflammation, then surgery).
Yeah exactly! And its like healing over teh gauze so everytime I pull it out it just re-opens the wound ugh....

Ibuprofin seems to do nothing tbh. Even though Ive been taking way more than the recommended dosage.

THe pain meds they gave me work a little, it kinda numbs the area and makes it feel sore rather than a stabbing pain, but it only lasts for about 2 hours before coming back again. And they only gave me 5 pills. So I didnt take any the first day and it was MISERABLE but I had to save them for when i changed the dressings, which btw WAS SO TRAUMATIC. I cried like 3 times trying to do it yesterday (had to do it twice). It was o hard to get the gauze out and so so painful. The only thing that helped was soaking it in warm water to ease it out better but gosh, it was bad. It took me an hour both times just to get it out an change it.... Im not looking forward to doing this twice a day. This morning it was okay, I just let it really soak in the shower and went slow. Have to do it again in an hour or so, Im not looking foward to it. Immense dread, actually.

I had to cut my pain pills in half today because tomorrow I'm supposed to teach dance classes (i luckily got 2 of my 4 classes covered so i only have to teach for a few hours tomorrow). I also hae demonstrators in those classes so they can do the dancing and i luckily can just give instructions but it really hurts just moving at all and im very fatigued.

im planning to take my last pain pill and change the dressing right before going in tomorrow so itll hopefully last me while im there. But idk how i will feel wednesday and im worried.

I'm gonna try calling in tomorrow to schedule my follow up appointment and also hopefully talk to the doctor or nurse to get more meds because its really painful. i basically cant do anything but just sleep. Literally yesterday and today ive slept about 18 of the 24. Mostly just because it helps me not think about the pain.

This is genuinely the worst thing Ive gone through since my really bad earache back in like 2017.

Last edited by Alexa; 04-17-2022 at 09:33 PM