View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 07:55 AM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Makes me wish we got to see that on screen now
Aw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarouselUnique (View Post)
Realizing today that, at least for me, Jackie and Eric are both ADHD makes their coupling as I write it make a lot more sense and that them hooking up was inevitable when I add that context is quite a mental journey. I headcanon’d an ADHD Jackie for a while now even though she wouldn’t have been diagnosed as such and I do write a couple of the kids having some symptoms of it but it was only today I realized that Eric kinda reminds me of myself with becoming hyperfixated on his media interests and such, to an annoying degree, and his directionless aspects in later seasons and like. Yeah, no wonder they would end up together. Especially since ADHD makes you extra sensitive to rejection and more prone to things like anxiety and depression often times you kinda latch onto someone who seems to get it and basically I love them I cradle them. My ship. My ‘it’s not here for a long time just a good time’ ship.
We talked about this elsewhere, but exploring and depicting ADHD accurately through the T7S characters could be helpful to readers who have ADHD (or know people who do).