View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 07:13 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Great thoughts, Jerry!

Every word, I completely agree.

I find that it’s almost difficult to analyze this one because so many moments for the characters were bizarre and didn’t make any sense. I still can’t get over Bright not caring about Amy. Ephram suddenly having this interest in seeing Madison when he never cared after he knew Amy officially liked him again just blows my mind. I will never buy the theory that he was more interested in seeing Madison over being with Amy intimately in every way for most likely a second time. It will never make sense. I feel the writers wanted to keep torturing the audience about Madison because of what was to come and they used both Ephram and Andy to go there. Andy has completely lost his mind over guilt. The writers took Ephram’s curiosity way too far. During prior watches I made more excuses. Not in this one. He gets her number from that trash, Jay, and tells Andy he was tempted to call her! What? That’s disgusting. Amy never even finds out about this specific part either. Plus, there is this weird insinuation that Ephram got Amy to sleep with him and now… he’s bored? DISGUSTING. Almost like the girl puts out so next. I know that’s not the real Ephram but the writers were careless regardless. It makes Ephram look like a lying creep and waters down the spiritual beauty of Ephram/Amy.

Maddening.
Well said Michelle. This episode, and the episode where Ephram breaks Amy's heart in the aftermath of the Madisongate reveal, are the toughest episodes for me to watch and write about because I absolutely hate what transpires in them. Both Ephram and Andy really do throw away their happiness with both hands, Andy with Nina and Ephram with Amy, for no good reason at all, and it's disheartening to see.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote