View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 12:49 PM
LilMouse
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think that, regardless of a person's walk of life, some people just don't age gracefully, you know? Not that you need to be staying at home and be boring because you're near 50, but at some point you kinda need it's creepy.

Not to make any insinuations at all about anyone's character, but the other famous grown men I can think of who were still partying hard at that age were predators. Obviously, I'm assuming one can be too old to party without being a predator, but it's just not the best look. That's all.
At some point a person just comes across as try-hard and embarrassing when you're on the older side and still partying or doing anything for attention. It can happen to both men and women. You have Leo on the male side and Madonna on the female side.

Quote:
And if their mother is anything like the grown adult my mother was, she will have encouraged her kids to maintain or repair their relationship with their father. Because, aain, just because someone isn't a great spouse doesn't make them a bad parent.
The ex-wife (Eve) showed great maturity. When the press came calling, she didn't chew Ewan out in public. She put the kids first. And she hasn't refused to be in a room with him, so there's that.

Quote:
I know exactly what you're talking about and I do tend to fall in the category of people who usually let themselves be told who to ship for. I haven't watched fiction TV shows in an age (I stick to true crime, cooking shows and historical documentaries mostly) but I don't really remember shipping anything but canon pairings... Althought, now that I think about it, they had Josh and Donna end up together on West Wing (I was no longer watching by then) and I would have hated that.
I ship canon and UC ships, it really depends. Like with Roswell I loved Max/Tess, and most of the audience despised Tess so much that they wanted the actress to be deported. And with OUAT I liked Hook/Aurora and I am pretty sure they only spoke 10 words to each other. So I am very all over the place when it comes to shipping. Sometimes I even like a ship in theory (Oliver/Felicity in Arrow) and then when they do get together I'm not feeling it anymore and drop it.

Quote:
I get more insulted when they do ship-batey stuff. You either go there or you don't. And I stopped watching CSI because they had Grissom and Sara be a pairing when that show was supposed to be a non-ship zone, so that pissed me off because I had my own little fantasy going (and I was quite happy to have it never show up onscreen because, again, we were told it was a shipper-free zone).
Oh man! My mom hates them. And I get it, certain shows don't need shipping. It's like how on the show Forever, they had Henry and Jo start to like each other and it was unnecessary, imo. Plus the lead actors didn't even have romantic chemistry.

Quote:
I love that this has brought up back to Nicolas Hoult. Small world.
I couldn't resist posting the videos knowing he did appear on Graham with Olivia to promote The Favourite
Also, I would hate to be asked as a celeb what my hidden talent / party trick is because I literally would have nothing to offer

Quote:
The thing I loved about Olivia questioning Jack's accent is that she was so clearly not being mean about it. She's just a wonderful ditz... on talk shows anyway. There was another interview I saw on The Graham Norton Show where she was all "I hate talk shows. Well, of course, except this one. But we really only do them because it's in the contract. And I don't even know why they send me. Because i don't help, do I?" And it was so charming.
And I am sure many other actors would agree with her

Quote:
The accent thing is always interesting, though. I remember when the Angelina Jolie movie Taking Lives came out. It's set in my hometown of Montreal (I mean, I live here; I'm not from here). So the producers or directors or whatever thought it was a great opportunity to get some French actors in... only they mostly went to France for their actors. That'd be like having Jack Whitehall play an American, but without attempting an American accent at all.
OMG I totally read this wrong and thought you said Jack was in the movie and was playing an American but kept his regular accent and I was like even non-native English speakers have to know the English and American accents sound different

Now that I understand what you're saying, years ago I was watching the French-Canadian actor François Arnaud on a French -France show and the commenters from France were poo-pooing his accent. It came across to me as them being very mean.
And me being American, I can't tell what makes the way French-Canadians and French-France people speak different.