View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 08:49 PM
sunnykerr
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Oh yea....Leo is a total mess, though. He acts like he's 17. What 50 year old man calls his group of friends the "p*ssy posse"?
I think that, regardless of a person's walk of life, some people just don't age gracefully, you know? Not that you need to be staying at home and be boring because you're near 50, but at some point you kinda need it's creepy.

Not to make any insinuations at all about anyone's character, but the other famous grown men I can think of who were still partying hard at that age were predators. Obviously, I'm assuming one can be too old to party without being a predator, but it's just not the best look. That's all.

Quote:
Same, though Ewan's oldest, Clara, has apologized for her words and said she could've been more mature. I think they've come to terms with it now, especially since Mary and Ewan have a son now, and his daughters clearly love their little brother.

But I get the point of, you're always going to side with the parent that you're closer to or maybe not even closer to, but the parent who has been wronged.
Again, everyone's divorce experience is difference, but you also usually get to a point where you realize your dad could have been a crap husband without being a crap father. It starts off as a betrayal, but then as you get older and there is distance with the event... Life goes on and it would be a shame to miss out on great experiences because you can't forgive mistakes that weren't necessarily about you.

And if their mother is anything like the grown adult my mother was, she will have encouraged her kids to maintain or repair their relationship with their father. Because, aain, just because someone isn't a great spouse doesn't make them a bad parent.

Quote:
I think a lot of the time, and this isn't even specifically about OUAT, audiences just ship whatever couple the writers are telling them they need to ship. If writers give two people scenes all the time, even if they do lack chemistry, people will just go along with it because it's the writers intentions. I think general audiences don't want to put a whole lot of thought into finding different couples than what's presented to them.
I know exactly what you're talking about and I do tend to fall in the category of people who usually let themselves be told who to ship for. I haven't watched fiction TV shows in an age (I stick to true crime, cooking shows and historical documentaries mostly) but I don't really remember shipping anything but canon pairings... Althought, now that I think about it, they had Josh and Donna end up together on West Wing (I was no longer watching by then) and I would have hated that.

I get more insulted when they do ship-batey stuff. You either go there or you don't. And I stopped watching CSI because they had Grissom and Sara be a pairing when that show was supposed to be a non-ship zone, so that pissed me off because I had my own little fantasy going (and I was quite happy to have it never show up onscreen because, again, we were told it was a shipper-free zone).

Quote:
I remember her Oscar moment being funny and endearing

at Olivia questioning Jack's accent. I wish I could see the clip so I can judge his American accent too.
I notice with Brits sometimes they sound very nasal when doing American accents.

I (obviously) love this Olivia appearance on Graham
I love that this has brought up back to Nicolas Hoult. Small world.

The thing I loved about Olivia questioning Jack's accent is that she was so clearly not being mean about it. She's just a wonderful ditz... on talk shows anyway. There was another interview I saw on The Graham Norton Show where she was all "I hate talk shows. Well, of course, except this one. But we really only do them because it's in the contract. And I don't even know why they send me. Because i don't help, do I?" And it was so charming.

The accent thing is always interesting, though. I remember when the Angelina Jolie movie Taking Lives came out. It's set in my hometown of Montreal (I mean, I live here; I'm not from here). So the producers or directors or whatever thought it was a great opportunity to get some French actors in... only they mostly went to France for their actors. That'd be like having Jack Whitehall play an American, but without attempting an American accent at all.

You can imagine how well that was received here. And it's also always an issue when any French Canadian artist goes on French-from-France talk shows and stuff. They always have to either put on a French accent, slow their speech way down or get asked to repeat themselves forever.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote